About DDCA Events
Oregon high schools dance teams are allowed the opportunity to host local dance team competitions at their schools, or at an approved off-campus location. Most dance teams host these events as major fundraisers for their team. Any competition that wishes to draw DDCA Member teams to their event and hire judges that are certified by the DDCA Judges Affiliation, needs to become a sanctioned DDCA event. The DDCA Judges Affiliation regulates event sanctioning, develops the competition schedule for the year, and schedules certified judges for these DDCA sanctioned events. Teams must apply to host an event through the Judges Affiliation, for the Fall Category or Traditional Seasons.
How to Host an Event
- All schools that would like to host an event in the upcoming season must submit their completed application via email to the JA Commissioner and the non-refundable $200 deposit to the DDCA Spring Meeting in order to reserve a date. Each school must have a representative at the mandatory Event Director’s meeting in order to reserve a date.
- The JA Commissioner & DDCA Board will assign events to the calendar based off of the following guidelines: DDCA Manual Chapter 5 Local Competitions.
- Any events that would like to move to another weekend after seeing the completed calendar may meet with the Scheduling Director and discuss the change.
- Any applications received after the Spring Meeting will have to select dates not already filled.
- Late applications will be required to pay additional funds to secure an open date:
- Between May 16—August 31: Non-refundable deposit of $250 with application.
- Between September 1—October 1: Non-refundable deposit of $325 with application.
- Applications will be accepted after October 1st only to fill cancellations.
- Please send all competition documents to be posted to the website to email@example.com