What Is the Judges Affiliation?
The Oregon Dance and Drill Judges Affiliation, or JA for short, exists for the purpose of training, educating, evaluating and commissioning performance judges within the state of Oregon. It supports the overall functioning and foundation of the Dance Drill Coaches Association, the dance and drill team venue, and operates with the driving premise of creating a quality competitive environment within the state. Its operations, teachings, and philosophies are centered on the principal objective of promoting excellence in judges, coaches and performers.
Our mission is to provide the Oregon Dance and Drill community with fair, honest, credible and professional adjudication at local competitive
Goals of the Judges Affiliation
- To assure quality, unbiased, information critique in response to creative expression
- To educate and certify judges to fulfill the purpose of the Judges’ Affiliation.
- To provide competent staffing, equipment and payment for all sanctioned events.
- To increase membership in the Judges’ Affiliation
- To promote dance education among coaches, choreographers, judges, and students.
- To respond to the needs of the association with integrity, openness, and enthusiasm.
- To develop, improve, and use effective approaches to evaluation and performance education; continually providing quality judging.
- To create an atmosphere of respect and communication for all coaches, judges, students, parents, and philosophies.
- To seek and use resourceful methods of partnering with anyone who might contribute to the growth of the association.
For more information please refer to the JA Manual.
JA Leadership Team
JA Commissioner: Hayley Kimble
JA Scheduling Director: Kari Wallingford
JA Evaluation Director: Tami Smith
JA Education Directors: Karissa Dean & Tami Smith
JA Internship & Recruitment Director: Allison Ziarnik
JA Tabulation & IT Director: Kristin Alarcon
JA Technical Director: Shannon Marrs
How To Become a Performance Judge
Please contact Allison Ziarnik to get started.